Articles on this Page
- 04/02/13--12:38: _FREE Speed Mentorin...
- 04/02/13--12:39: _Free Shred Event o...
- 04/02/13--12:42: _Xtreme Internationa...
- 04/02/13--12:43: _Omaha Empowerment B...
- 04/02/13--12:44: _Gambler Half Marath...
- 04/02/13--12:46: _Comedy for Cancer
- 04/02/13--12:59: _Color Me Rad
- 04/02/13--13:30: _GoodHire.com 25% Di...
- 04/02/13--14:00: _Spring Seminar Seri...
- 04/03/13--09:48: _Business Portrait S...
- 04/03/13--09:49: _Speaker Series
- 04/03/13--09:50: _$5 Bonus Upon Compl...
- 04/03/13--09:52: _Make A Splash!
- 04/03/13--10:20: _The Land of Oz
- 04/03/13--13:30: _Superior Lighting P...
- 04/04/13--06:13: _Enjoy all 6 new mar...
- 04/05/13--09:39: _It's Tee Time!
- 04/05/13--09:39: _Make up date for Bo...
- 04/08/13--14:39: _Think You Know abou...
- 04/09/13--08:53: _Don't miss the 2013...
- 04/02/13--12:38: FREE Speed Mentoring Event
- 04/02/13--12:39: Free Shred Event open to the public!
- Up to 2 Boxes of Documents
- Up to 2 Computers/Hard Drives (No monitors Please)
- Unlimited number of Cell Phones
- 04/02/13--12:42: Xtreme International Ice Racing
- Adult reserved $27
- Adult GA $17
- Ages 2-12 $5
- Under 2 free
- *Plus fees
- 04/02/13--12:43: Omaha Empowerment Breakfast
- 04/02/13--12:44: Gambler Half Marathon & 5k Run
- 04/02/13--12:46: Comedy for Cancer
- 04/02/13--12:59: Color Me Rad
- 04/02/13--13:30: GoodHire.com 25% Discount
- 04/02/13--14:00: Spring Seminar Series 2013: Omaha
- 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM: "60 Tips in 60 Minutes" (A complimentary lunch will be served after this session)
- 1 - 3 PM: "Measurement Made Easy"
- 04/03/13--09:48: Business Portrait Session with Hi Res Image $49.
- 04/03/13--09:49: Speaker Series
- April 9 "Planning for Long Term Care" Michael Booth & Tim Iverson ~ Heritage Financial Services April 16 "Downsizing, Moving & Where to Start" T.J. Bell, Prudential Real Estate & Denise Ruby, Senior Move Services
- April 23 "Funding a Retirement Lifestyle" Michael Booth & Tim Iverson ~ Heritage Financial Services
- April 30 "Women & Money: Matters of Trust" Teresa Milner, Principal Financial Group May 7 "Scams & Fraud - BEWARE" Bryson Twist & Lee Oveskovish, Custom Hearing Solutions
- May 14 "Medications ~ What to Know" April Davidson, Walgreens Pharmacy Manager
- May 21 "Estate Planning & Advance Directives" Attorney William C. Brown
- May 28 "VA Benefits: When to Use and How to Qualify" Attorney Rod Halstead
- 04/03/13--09:50: $5 Bonus Upon Completion of First Donation!
- You could earn up to $400 a month! 18-64 Years of Age
- Valid Picture ID
- Be in Good Health
- Proof of SSN
- Proof of Current Residence Postmarked Within Last 30 Days
- 04/03/13--09:52: Make A Splash!
- MM1: Monday, June 3-Friday, June 14 from 8:30-10:30am
- MM2: Monday, June 17-Friday, June 28 from 8:30-10:30am
- MM3: Monday, July 8-Friday, July 19 from 8:30-10:30am
- MM4: Monday, July 22-Friday, August 2 from 8:30-10:30am
- Monday, June 10-Friday, June 14 from 1:00-3:00pm
- Monday, June 24-Friday, June 28 from 1:00-3:00pm
- Monday, July 8-Friday, July 12 from 1:00-3:00pm
- Monday, July 22-Friday, July 26 from 1:00-3:00pm
- 04/03/13--10:20: The Land of Oz
- 04/04/13--06:13: Enjoy all 6 new margaritas at Cantina Laredo in Midtown Crossing
- 04/05/13--09:39: It's Tee Time!
- 04/05/13--09:39: Make up date for Book Signing
- 04/08/13--14:39: Think You Know about Omaha Politics?
- 04/09/13--08:53: Don't miss the 2013 Spring Parade of Homes!
SBA and AARP will host an event for entrepreneurs and potential entrepreneurs to have an opportunity to connect with mentors on topics such as business plans, available resources, financing options, social media/marketing. It will be a fun, fast-paced event - like speed dating!!
Refreshments provided by AARP!
Sign up today - call 402-221-7211 or e-mail Michael.Foutch@sba.gov by April 12. Hope to see you there!
Bring your boxes of old papers, canceled checks, bills, cell phones,records and other materials - especially those that could put you at risk for identity theft - to ShredFest 3.0. Shreded material will then be recycled according to state, local and EPA regulations by DataShield.
XiiR is a motorcycle racing tour on ice! Man and machine accelerate from 0-60mph in under 3 seconds riding Speedway bikes and Quad ATVs that are modified to compete on an indoor ice arena. There are over 2,000 metal studs added to the tires and they do it without brakes!
What does that mean? PURE ADRENALINE! It is THE fastest sport on ice and one of the fastest sports in the world. The rush of so much power and speed on something as unpredictable as ice has whipped audiences into a frenzy and gained new fans across the country.
Are you looking for an opportunity to pass out your business cards/fliers, make some connections and have some fun while you're at it!! Then check out our monthly Omaha Empowerment Breakfast, held the second Friday of every month at Regency Lodge. There will be a program, networking time and a full buffet (good) breafast - all for only $15.
Register at: www.omahaempowermentbreakfast.org
Hope to see you April 12!
It's a Half Marathon and 5K run that goes through the beautiful trail systems in Council Bluffs. Brought to you by Harrah's Casino & Hotel, Jennie Edmundson Hospital Foundation, Peak Performance Running Store, the Council Bluffs Convention & Visitors Bureau and 89.7 The River.
Online registration and more information is available at www.thegamblerhalf.com
Silent auction, prizes, and comedy OH MY! Starring Nick Allen, Heather Jones, Austin Anderson, Richard Reese, Dusty Stehl, Harley Easton and ending with a BANG with Auggie Smith!!
Relay For Life participants and donors remember loved ones lost to cancer and honor those battling the disease by dedicating luminaria bags. Each ticket to Comedy for Cancer includes a luminaria to be used to light the track at Relay for Life on Saturday, June 8th.
This is a fundraiser for the Sarpy County Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society. Must be 18 or older and you can buy tickets at www.funnyboneomaha.com or hold by phone at 402-493-8036.
Mid-America Center Parking Lots $35 | Regular Registration until 3/1/2013
$40 | Regstration after 3/1/13
If you're allergic to the metric system, corn starch, or unbridled joy, you'd probably be more comfortable watching Matlock than at the starting blocks of this color-filled 5k. But if you're itching for a great time and not from a bad case of diaper rash, Omaha/Council Buffs is the run for you.
Color Me Rad Omaha/Council Bluffs takes places on May 11th, 2013 at the Mid-America Center and benefits the Special Olympics.
GoodHire.com is the Internet's most straightforward and intuitive pre-employment background-screening site, expressly designed to meet the FCRA-compliance needs of small-to-medium-size businesses.
We're a part of Inflection, an established leader in the people information industry and a winner of 2012's DataWeek Open Data Top Innovator Award.
Contact us at 1-888-906-4284 or visit our website at http://www.goodhire.com/?URLParamCoupon=GH25&cam=4651 for a 25% discount for chamber members.
Skyline Exhibits Iowa | Nebraska is hosting FREE educational trade show seminars on Tuesday, April 16th at our Omaha, Nebraska showroom. These interactive workshops will give you tips on how to improve your trade show marketing efforts and effectively measure your results.
Here is a schedule of events:
Speaker Series Event:
EVENT IS FREE TO THE PUBLIC! 402.614.3160
Be Somebody's Hero for Life. Donate Plasma!
4640 S. 25th St. 402-733-1169 (Omaha) 4
411 Center St 402-614-6630 (Omaha)
Bring this ad and receive a $5 bonus when you complete your first donation! www.octapharmaplasma.com
There's nothing like playing in the water, especially for kids. DiVentures offers summer camp programs for children of all ages and abilities. From swimming marathons to scuba rangers, DiVentures offers children the opportunity to make a splash this summer!
Mini Marathon Swim Lessons (ages 6 months to 14 years) - Children retain more with consecutive lessons, making daily swim lessons perfect for summer!
Half-hour lessons held Monday-Friday mornings for two weeks.
Aqua Rangers (ages 6-10 years) - This camp teaches kids water safety and snorkeling skills. Perfect for kids looking for activities beyond swim lessons. June 3-6 from 1:00-3:00pm Scuba Rangers (ages 7-12 years) -
Calling all adventure seekers! Kids in the camp with master fun aquatic challenges underwater and learn how to dive!
*Ask about our overnight zoo campout*
Underwater Explorers (ages 10-16 years) - Discover what the underwater world has to offering by learning to scuba dive and exploring creatures of the deep blue sea. DiVentures is partnering up with the Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium to bring you a truly extraordinary summer camp!
This two-day camp will give your child the chance to discover ocean creatures, take their breath underwater and sleep beneath the waves. Thursday, May 30- Saturday morning, June 1 Thursday, July 18- Saturday morning, July 20 Thursday, August 1- Saturday morning, July 3
*parent or guardian must attend the campout portion at the Henry Doorly Zoo on Friday evening*
We are not referring to the Wizard of Oz but more or less the country Australia, which is known by the locals as "Oz". DiVentures Scuba and Swim Centers have just announced this trip of lifetime to the Land of Oz in October 2014. This two week long extravagant trip will include stops to the famous Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge before embarking on a week long liveaboard cruise. All of our trips always include diving and resort accommodations.
Non-divers are always welcome on any of our trips at a discounted rate. This trip is full of once in a lifetime opportunities and we don't want YOU to miss out!
Spaces on this trip are limited and cabins are based on a first come, first serve basis. Great news is you have LOTS of time to get "cashed up" to visit the "Land Down Under".
Visit diventures.net for additional information on this trip and to see all of our trips planned for the rest of 2013.
Superior Lighting, Inc., a lighting and sign maintenance company, has awarded Bomgaars with a Superior Sustainability Award for the company's outstanding implementation of an energy savings plan. Superior Lighting recently partnered with Bomgaars to help establish an energy efficient lighting plan for the retail outlet company. Using new energy efficient technologies from Superior Lighting, Inc., Bomgaars is saving $60,000 in annual operating costs, improving overall energy efficiency, and reducing damaging environmental pollutants.
Bomgaars is a family-owned, merchandise retail outlet company established in 1952 in Sioux City, Iowa. Over the past 61 years, the company has expanded to 60 stores throughout six states in the Midwestern United States. The energy-efficiency renovation project has been completed in 27 store locations across four states working with 12 utility companies. The renovation included replacing T12 eight-foot lamps with energy efficient T8 four-foot lamps. The manufacture of T12 fluorescent lamps was outlawed effective July 1, 2012 by the U.S. Department of Energy.
On average, Superior Lighting customers see a thirty percent reduction in energy costs with a lighting upgrade, while also improving lighting quality, and operational safety and security. Skilled professionals at Superior Lighting carefully managed the Bomgaars' project design and implementation to ensure the anticipated results were achieved. By reducing the watts per fixture, Bomgaars will save $60,000 in annual electricity costs while at the same time increasing their light levels. New lighting will reduce electric usage by 895,207 kilowatt hours (kWhs) and result in a reduction in maintenance expense due to the much longer lifecycle of the new lamps.
The Bomgaars lighting renovation project will reduce air pollution significantly. The most significant of these is the reduction of Carbon Dioxide (CO2) by 1,450,235 pounds. By removing the pollutants, the relighting project has the same effect on the environment as planting 164 acres of trees, removing 117 cars from the road each year, and saving 81,382 gallons of gasoline each year. www.SuperiorLight.com
These fruity drinks are new and just in time for spring. Try the Mango Pepper 'Rita and the Mango Mint Gingerita for a feels-like-summer afternoon. Spice it up with the Mango Pepper 'Rita, made with Avión Sliver Tequila, Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur, fresh lime, muddled mango and red peppers.
Or, try the Mango Mint Gingerita to cool things off - made with Milagro Silver Tequila, fresh lime juice, mint leaves, mango puree and topped with ginger beer. View all 6 new drinks on the cocktail menu: http://j.mp/11btuOt.
Contact 402-345-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
Join us for a great day of golf for a good cause at the serene and beautiful Field Club of Omaha, 3616 Woolworth Ave.
Swing 4 Kids Golf Benefit, taking place Monday, June 24, 2013, will consist of a two-round 18 hole scramble style tournament. Select from a 7:45am or 1pm tee time and enjoy complimentary beverages from Lucky Bucket Brewing Company, awards dinner, course contests. You can even get your photo taken with Meatloaf (the singer not the entree).
Participation cost is $150 per individual and $600 per foursome. All event proceeds benefit local youth organization, Partnership 4 Kids.
Register online at email@example.com
or call 402-930-3002 for more information.
If you are one of the few who missed by first book signing the make-up date is this Sunday 1-3 at the Bookworm!
Remember, in my book we are always talking about YOUR HIGH! http://yourhighwithandygreenberg.tateauthor.com/
The Women's Fund of Omaha is hosting a Ready to Run Trivia Night on Thursday, April 25, to promote local politics and celebrate female officeholders.
The event takes place at the Slowdown, 729 N. 15th St. in Omaha, with registration, pizza and networking from 5 to 6 p.m. and trivia from 6 to 8 p.m. Find out more and register at www.omahawomensfund.org.